Monday, May 16, 2011

Edinburgh!!

I apologize again for not be able to post a new blog the last couple of days, I took a side trip to Edinburgh Scotland and until now, I haven't been able to gain access to a computer.

Day 5
May 13th

Alright Friday the 13th was a day I will never forget. I hopped on a train that traveled 125 mph and I rode it five ours until I arrived at Edinburgh Scotland. Apon arrival it didn't take me very long to figure out that the land around Edinburgh is not flat like the land around London. In fact it is very mountainous. One of the first things I did when I got to Scotland was climb a series of mountains called Arthur's Seat. This mountain rose about 900 feet from the near by sea and the trail had very steep inclines to the top. It was a very changeling walk to the top but I really enjoyed. After the hike to the top it was getting late and it was near dinner time so me and some of the other students on the trip, decided we would explore a little and try to find a place to sit down and take break. Luckily we didn't have to go too far because on the other side of Arthur's Seat was a very interesting village with a pub. After taking a break we made our long walk back to our hotel called "the Point" to call it a night. Fortunately the walk went by fast because the areas around Edinburgh was beautiful and my eyes never stopped starring at the breathtaking sights I was saw.

Day 6

May 14th

I woke up early in the morning the second day in Edinburgh. I had such a great time the first day I wanted to make the time I had there last as long as possible. I figured I can sleep when I get home so me and my friend Ty ate an early breakfest and head out to explore more of the town. We walked all over the place sight seeing then met up with the rest of the students to see the castle. The Edinburgh castle was mammoth. We spent three hours in the castle invistigating and learning about Scotlands history and I think we could have spent two more but I had other plans. I am really into golfing so me and two other friends made arraingements to go golf while we were there. The course we played was called Musselburgh Links. It wasn't the nicest course I have ever played but suprisingly it has the titled of the oldest golf course in the world!!!! So, it was pretty cool getting the chance to play it. Not too long after I finished golfing, I met up with the rest of the CSC students on the trip and we all ate at the Hard Rock Cafe. I was a great time and they had ranch dressing so I think everyone enjoyed it. The last activity I participated in on Saturday was a haunted tour of Edinburgh underground tunnels. I don't really believe in ghost but I must admit I had a great time watching everyone get scared.

Day 7

May 15th.

The second morning at Edinburgh I woke up early again and me and some of the others guys walked around and saw a few more sights that Edinburgh had to offer. I felt like had seen most of the sights in the city by the time the end of the third day but wished I could have stayed longer because I just loved Scotland so much. It was absoultely beautiful and the people there were so polite. I think the three days I was there have been the best part of my study abroad trip so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment