Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Headed Home

Day 14


May 22nd

Sunday, It was time to head home. I couldn't believe two weeks had went by so fast. I guess I had so much fun that time just flew by.
Our flight was scheduled to leave London 3:20 p.m. but we had to be at the airport at 10:00 a.m. because the Omaha and Lincoln groups flight left 3 hours before ours. After waiting over 5 hours in the terminals we finally head back to Chicago. Unfortunately, there is a volcano currently erupting in Iceland so our flight took an  extra hour longer because we had to fly around it when we crossed the ocean.  When we got to Chicago there wasn't a volcano slowing us down anymore but thunderstorms and lighting were. Our flight to Denver got moved back two hours because of the weather so we didn't get into Denver until 1:00 in the morning Mountain time, which was 8:00 in the morning London time. Luckily our bus driver was still waiting for us at the airport. I was kind of afraid he might just leave because it took us so long to get there, but he did his job and we were finally headed home back to Chadron on the bus about 2:00 a.m. The bus drive took about five hours so when we finally rolled into town it was 7:00 in the morning and we had be traveling about 30 hours because in London it was 2:00 in the afternoon............ What a trip though, the flights were painfully tiring but I must say it was well worth it. If I could do it again, I would in a heartbeat. I was truly a once in a lifetime opportunity and a time I will never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment